ephemera

defrydrychowski.wordpress.com -- ephemera


(a microblog: notes, queries, and whatnot)

 Woke strangely fatigued, so I took an extra couple hours of rest.  Many environmental toxins hereabouts, very far from California.  Have taken steps to minimize exposure -- windows always open, etc. And there's the constant sound of motors and flamethrowers from the off-season repairs and roofing work in the complex.  As always, trying to find the 'sweet spot' of humble quarters that allow me to do what I've come here to do -- and here, that's visit the mountains of Pirin Macedonia.  It usually works, as I'm not looking for the things of comfort that other folks seek out.  The paradigm was perhaps my first apartment at the conservatory in Cleveland -- humble digs on the second floor of an out-building in Little Italy.  Perfect for my use, bought some spice plants and made pasta every night, sometimes then heading out to the orchestra concerts.  The point was that I could do what I needed to do, rather than just inhabit the place.

Might have done better to have, like Phillip and Alexander, just pitched a tent on the mountain.