ephemera

defrydrychowski.wordpress.com -- ephemera


(a microblog: notes, queries, and whatnot)

Again the immense fatigue upon waking. It has happened several times in this apartment, though possibly a function of the long recovery from the winter. (The innards are still not back to full functioning.  In addition to the short wanders, I've gone on a few long (~ 12h) hikes into the mountains on this visit, but I've been absolutely useless for a day or two afterwards.)  

Rested a few more hours, despite the romantic notion of a run at dawn up the mountain on (local) Transfiguration. 

Staying in each place for only a month or so on these travels is also a means of limiting risk -- many unknowns, and these places can be a bit odd at times.  I'm here for the mountains, and even though I've tried to strictly limit my other interactions with the local commerce and culture, several difficulties still managed to come up with the local sensibilities.  A single travelling American of Polish/German ancestry stands out a bit hereabouts, even if avowedly and obviously a peacenik civilian.

Onward.