ephemera

defrydrychowski.wordpress.com -- ephemera


(a microblog: notes, queries, and whatnot)

On the last peregrination in these parts, I developed a sort of counter-clockwise rotation through the peninsula (as extended -- geographically the Balkans ends with the Danube across Romania, but I extended this up to Transylvania), and so came to pine for the next stop on the journey.  When, as now, I was in the lower mountains, the thoughts of Bucharest and old German and Hungarian Transylvania motivated my travels, and then, usually with a quick day in at Szecheny (rather than a hotel room on the multi-day bus/train trip), I would head across to the northwestern side, (which politically is the Eastern side), and from thence, down to the Adriatic, and then across the lower peninsula again.

As the rentals in Romania have gone up a bit in the interval, though, I'm not going to follow that track this time, but I still have the thoughts of the Bucharest opera house ($6 back-balcony tickets), the old churches in Transylvania, the coffeehouses.  

Desire as an anticipation and preparation for necessary action.  Interest as turning the attention to the necessary object. I'm beginning to get a handle on these pragmatist/pragmaticist ideas.  Which perhaps, extending the logic to the cognition itself, means that I'm turning to engage with them.