One of my favorite Ring moments was the slight lacuna that I clearly remembered in the rest at the entrance of Fafner. It offers a foothold for notions like the caesura, as I mentioned when attempting to curry favor with the Wagerian on my PhD prelims panel. Just to check it, I ran it by Google AI, and it turns out that there is no rest there -- it was just Levine giving the moment a little extra hold.
So my favorite part of it wasn't in the score, but it came about because of the interpreter's notion of the essence of the piece -- is it part of the work of art, or just a nuance of the interpretation?
Sviatislav Richter once had a retraction printed and distributed when he realized that he had been playing a single wrong note in his recordings -- a Bach piece, I think.
Music, particularly printed music, is a little like a play -- it consists of the instructions for an event. And the nature of the event governs.