I will say this about the show last night. (The Crucible, with a revealing local title.) Miller's estate appears to have completely fallen down on the job. An absolute travesty that appears to lump Miller's work in with precisely the things he was fighting against. It was so crowded by my seat that I stood up and went by the side wall, where I couldn't really see, and just listened to it, with about 20% of the stage visible. I could tell, though, that when they tried to do the play, they couldn't. In my experience, method acting in the Balkans, with very few exceptions, consists of actors getting into fistfights and shouting at each other. And then they rolled the big black Croatian voodoo Moloch muppet on, and some time later, the crucified figure on a large white cross. At which point I muttered to the crowd around me "Well, that's as good of an excuse as any" and decamped back to Humble Quarters.
The difference between good regie theatre and bad is the difference between an eccentric philosopher and and a madman. The eccentric philosopher doesn't act normal, but he has a great care for the way things are, and his actions illuminate things. A madman doesn't act normal because he has simply gotten hold of the wrong notions of normality.