ephemera

defrydrychowski.wordpress.com -- ephemera


(a microblog: notes, queries, and whatnot)

 At the beginning of the day, I started in on this weekend's light novel (after finishing last weekend's over breakfast, having fallen a bit behind), figuring I would read for a bit and then get to the real work.  Within an hour of picking up the book (another of the oddest Inkling's), it became obvious that I would be better off sticking with the light reading today, maintaining focus, and keeping the mind in low gear.  So, reader, I did.

When golfing, there are some days in which you get to the course and realize that the wisest course would be just spending a bit of time on the chipping green and the putting green, rather than setting out on the long walk of the game.  

Likely a result of that odd episode a couple of days ago, which has left no evident physical traces -- almost certainly something I ate.  

Gently down the stream.  Particularly on certain days.  Slow and steady doesn't win the race, but it can help you from losing it, and then afterward, you can get about the business of winning the race.